Tips for Great Scout Cheers
- Keep them short and fun.
- Never have a cheer that could hurt someone's feelings.
- Do not use cheers to actually belittle.
- Use cue cards and scripts if you need to. Rehearse until everyone is comfortable and has memorized their parts.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Avoid gross, vulgar, or un-Scout-Like topics or content.
- Keep your program fast paced and get everyone involved!
Consider having a CHEER box with many cards or strips of paper inside. Larger stores still carry CHEER brand laundry soap, but you will have to look for it. Alternately, you can make any sort of box or basket and label it as a Cheer Box.
Den Yells can contribute to a team feeling among the Scouts in a den: