Tips for Great Scout Skits and Songs
- Keep them short - never longer than 3 to 5 minutes so that they can be easily memorized.
- Homemade skits or songs may seem funny to the writers but often are not funny to the audience.
- Use cue cards and scripts if you need to. Rehearse until everyone is comfortable and has memorized their parts.
- Everyone has to speak or sing loudly and clearly.
- Avoid gross, vulgar, or un-Scout-Like topics or content.
- Many old topics should never be used today. Ever.
- Cross-dressing, transsexual, or gay references have at times triggered lawsuits you can't defend.
- Fat, ugly, ethnic or handicapped jokes, songs, or skits have no place in Scouting either.
Background and tips about skits: